During the Paleto score, Trevor and Michael have a rather interesting conversation where Trevor is forced to face the truth about himself and he does not like what he hears. The one thing he hates more than people being disrespectful to his mother are hipsters; and Michael lets him know that he is one of them. In celebration of Trevor’s “unique” personality, Rockstar’s latest update titled “I’m Not a Hipster” is now available and you can guess its theme. From clothing to cars, expect a lot of new content that Rockstar has dubbed as “post-ironic” and “artisanal” to give you that true hipster vibe that is everything Mr. Phillips hates. As usual, the update is automatic the next time you start your game while connected to PSN or Xbox Live. Head back into San Andreas now so that you can feel the conformity of being original!
WHAT’S REALLY GOOD? With the final update in the Grand Theft Auto V set of spring updates, Rockstar has implemented over 100 fixes and tweaks to the gameplay which should vastly improve your experience whether it be online or story mode play. Here is just a sampling of what to expect:
- Players will no longer be charged Insurance costs if their vehicle is destroyed by another player who does not have enough GTA$ to pay.
- Fixed an issue where, if an insured Personal Vehicle was destroyed, both parties had to pay the insurance costs.
- Vehicle Management has been added into Garages. Players can move their positions around by accessing the trigger inside their Garage.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to avoid paying insurance and Bad Sport rating increases by using the Tank cannon to destroy Personal Vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for the game to freeze when starting Rooftop Rumble from the Job Selection menu.
- Fixed an exploit where a certain vehicle was invulnerable to bullets.
- Fixed an exploit where players could repeat the same Bounty multiple times.
- Fixed several exploits where players were able to make themselves invisible.
- Fixed an exploit where players could become invincible.
- Players who joined a job too late and then select to spectate no longer receive a bad sport increment for leaving early.
For the full list of updates and fixes, be sure to check the Grand Theft Auto V title update 1.14 notes. Players will not be so happy about things like the changes to the “Coveted” mission.
The new update features over 170 new clothing items, twelve new jobs and seven new vehicles, of which I am sure everyone will want the new 6-seater Dubsta:
That there, is absolutely fantastic. There is one thing about this update that really is not so fantastic and I hate to release a bull in a china shop. That fact is that having a vehicle with six seats, two of which have an outside rear view and might allow players to use weapons like the RPG launcher would be incredible for heist mode. Heist mode was promised to be released during the slew of spring updates by Rockstar and unless heist mode becomes available by Friday, June 20 (Saturday is the first day of summer), Rockstar will have defaulted on that announcement. Once again, Rockstar gives the GTA fans something great, but it is not specifically what they wanted.