Skullcandy continues to branch out beyond personal audio with their upcoming release of the SLYR Headset for Xbox One. The Skullcandy SLYR with its $99 price tag gives gamers an affordable alternative that still delivers premium sound and comes with the all the subtle touches seen in more high end headsets including a stashable boom mic and a controller mounted mixer to control all aspects of audio entering the headset. Halo fans get a some fan service as Skullcandy also has a “Halo” edition SLYR as well. The Halo variant has Halo designs and a custom color scheme as well.
Check out both headsets below:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SKULLCANDY BRINGS BEST-SELLING SLYR GAMING HEADSETTO MICROSOFT’S XBOX ONE®
New Xbox One Edition SLYR Gaming Headset Delivers Next Generation Performance for Previous Generation Price
Halo® Edition SLYR for Xbox One Featuring Halo-Inspired Color and Graphics Also Available
PARK CITY, UTAH – March 3, 2015 – Skullcandy, Inc., the original lifestyle and performance audio brand, today announced the release of the Skullcandy SLYR for Xbox One. Designed and developed in conjunction with the team at ASTRO Gaming, the Skullcandy SLYR is now fully compatible with and available for the Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft. The Skullcandy SLYR for Xbox One features the unique and powerful GMX-1™ Controller-Mounted Mixer, which places the controls for game-to-voice balancing, volume, and push-button mute right at your fingertips for quick, on-the-fly adjustments.
The Skullcandy SLYR for Xbox One is available now from select retailers nationwide or directly at www.skullcandy.com, for $99. A special Skullcandy SLYR Halo® Edition for Xbox One is also available and features a custom headset color and graphical treatment inspired by the Halo franchise.
Skullcandy SLYR for Xbox One and Skullcandy SLYR Halo® Edition for Xbox One features include:
- Designed for Xbox One – Designed specifically for the Xbox One, theSkullcandy SLYR for Xbox One will provide hours of game playing, movie watching and music listening excitement with superior fit and comfort as well as premium audio tuning for gaming.
- New GMX-1™ Controller-Mounted Mixer – Newly designed specifically for the Xbox One, the GMX-1™ Mixer is a controller-mounted audio device that works with the SLYR Headset to deliver game-to-voice balancing, volume control, and a push-button mute right at your fingertips.
- Skullcandy Supreme Sound™ – Engineered for gaming, music, movies and more, Skullcandy’s Supreme Sound provides powerful bass, natural vocals and precise highs with a rich and detailed stereo sound field tuned specially for gaming.
- Stashable Mic System – The Skullcandy SLYR for Xbox One features a highly precise, stylishly discreet, stashable boom mic, which can be rotated away when not in use for a more customizable in-game communication experience.
- New Xbox One Edition SLYR Color – The Skullcandy SLYR for Xbox One features a new custom color scheme inspired by the Xbox One itself. A classic Black headset with Xbox Green accents, earcups and boom mic create a stylish statement for any Xbox gamer.
- New “Halo” Edition SLYR Color – The Skullcandy SLYR Halo® Edition for Xbox One also features a new custom color scheme inspired by the Halo universe! The new SLYR features a White headset with Grey accents and custom, but subtle Halo design elements throughout.
For more information about the new Skullcandy SLYR Halo Edition for Xbox One, please visit www.skullcandy.com.
About Skullcandy, Inc.
Skullcandy is the original lifestyle and performance audio brand inspired by the creativity and irreverence of youth culture. Skullcandy designs, markets and distributes audio and gaming headphones and other accessory related products under the Skullcandy, Astro Gaming, and 2XL brands. Skullcandy was launched in 2003 and quickly became one of the world’s most distinct audio brands by bringing unique technology, color, character and performance to an otherwise monochromatic space; helping to revolutionize the audio arena by introducing headphones, earbuds and other audio and wireless lifestyle products that possess unmistakable style and exceptional performance. The company’s products are sold and distributed through a variety of channels in the U.S. and approximately 80 countries worldwide, including the company’s website at skullcandy.com.[/toggle] [/toggles]