WWE 2K16 is officially out today in the US and we are looking forward to sharing our review with all of you. If you missed out on what’s new and how the game the looks check out the launch trailer below.
What’s new in WWE 2K16?
- Extensive Roster: Offering more than 120 playable characters, including cover Superstar Stone Cold Steve Austin alongside WWE Superstars Seth Rollins™, Daniel Bryan®, Brock Lesnar, Dwayne “The Rock®” Johnson, Undertaker® and Dean Ambrose™, WWE Diva Paige™ and NXT Superstar Finn Bálor™, WWE 2K16 delivers the largest roster in WWE games history;
- Arnold Schwarzenegger as The Terminator: Fans who pre-ordered WWE 2K16 at any participating retailer will receive two exclusive playable versions of 2015 WWE Hall of Fame inductee and global action film icon Arnold Schwarzenegger as T-800 from The Terminator and T-800 from Terminator 2: Judgment Day;
- Gameplay Improvements: WWE 2K16 builds upon last year’s foundation, including key enhancements and innovations to deliver the strongest WWE gameplay experience to date. Improved controls, a new reversal system, new pin system and chain wrestling improvements are chief among the enhancements this year;
- 2K Showcase: The franchise’s popular story-based mode returns in WWE 2K16, enabling players to relive more than 25 iconic moments in Stone Cold Steve Austin’s career, including matches with The Rock, Undertaker, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and Mr. McMahon. Along the way, they are treated to video packages featuring classic WWE footage and complete objectives to unlock legendary characters, entrance and ring gear, match types and other unlockable content;
- Creation Suite: WWE 2K16’s Creation Suite deepens the player’s arsenal with new feature options, including Create-a-Diva, Create-a-Championship, Create-an-Arena and Create-a-Show. Key improvements were also made to existing fan-favorite offerings, including Create-a-Superstar, Create-an-Entrance, Superstar Studio and Community Creations. In addition, the franchise-first WWE 2K16 Creation Studio App explores player freedom like never before through import of face and logo photos via iOS and Android devices to create custom Superstars and Divas with unique faces, tattoos, arena decals, Championship designs, electronic billboards, show logos and more;
- MyCareer: The franchise’s career-driven mode, now in its second year, will see players define their legacies by making critical choices in their quest to be inducted in the WWE Hall of Fame. Players will begin their journey at the WWE Performance Center, and through a series of objectives, rise through the ranks to join NXT, compete to earn a spot on the WWE main roster and strive for the ultimate prize of a Hall of Fame induction. As part of the quest, players can now conduct personality-driven interviews, interfere with rivals, form tag teams or create alliances en route to defining their legendary careers;
- Online: WWE 2K16 provides players with multiple ways to play online with the WWE 2K community. No longer utilizing background matchmaking, the game now offers a prestige system that tracks user progress and results throughout their online careers. Additional online features include:
- WWE Live: WWE 2K16’s standard matchmaking option delivers more match types to compete in this year. In addition, after choosing their Superstars and match types, players will enter a practice session to warm up their Superstars while the system finds opponents and sets up matches;
- 2K Tonight: This new feature delivers dynamic daily events, themed after all major WWE televisions shows and pay-per-views, with opportunities to provide players with boosts for their participation;
- Team Up: Requested by the WWE 2K community, players can now invite friends to join them in two- or three-man tag team competition against others;
- Private Match: This feature offers complete freedom for players to invite their friends to their own matches, enabling them to play online together;
- Community Creations: An online staple of the WWE 2K online experience, this feature enables users to upload, explore and download the best custom Superstars, Divas, Arenas, Shows, Movesets and logos created by the WWE Universe;
- WWE Universe: WWE 2K16 makes core improvements to stories, rivals and match card selections. In addition, for the first time, Superstars can be assigned to multiple shows, enabling players to have a broader experience;
- Overall Upgrades: For the first time, a three-man commentary team is now a part of the franchise, with John “Bradshaw” Layfield joining returning commentators Michael Cole and Jerry “The King” Lawler. Also new this year, seamless transitions between entrances and the start of matches now see the camera pan the arena and to the commentary team for thoughts on the upcoming matches. Significant improvements were also made to overall match presentation and flow.
- Downloadable Content and Season Pass: Players may purchase nearly all WWE 2K16 downloadable content at a reduced price point through the game’sSeason Pass. For a suggested price of $24.99, a savings of more than 20 percent versus individual content purchases, players will receive the following items as they become available:
- Accelerator: Access to all unlockable content in the game;
- 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase: seven playable matches;
- New Moves Pack: more than 30 new moves;
- Future Stars Pack: five playable NXT® Superstars.
International gamers will be able to get in on the action on October 30, 2015.