The rebirth of The Ruthless One continued last night as Robbie Lawler beat surging Welterweight contender Matt Brown by decision for another shot at Jonny Hendricks. I figured the fight would play out close to how it did, with Robbie being the more technical of the two fighters and keeping Brown from imposing his will on him. Robbie did get buzzed by a good straight right hand early on, but for the most part he controlled the fight. Brown, for his part, put up a valiant effort and made the fight entertaining but he was clearly outclassed. I cannot wait to see the rematch of what was for my money, the best Welterweight title fight ever when Lawler faces Hendricks again.
- So, I kinda figured that Brown would get outclassed but he didn’t look that bad – I would love to see him fight Carlos Condit in the near future.
- Rumble damn near killed Lil’ Nog – it was incredibly violent and probably spells the end of Lil’ Nog’s career.
- I really have grown to dislike Clay Guida and was happy to see him get put down by Dennis Bermudez who looked really good.
- Everyone should do themselves a favor and look up what Bermudez has been going through for the last few months. That man deserved the win and he is now a Top 10 Featherweight.
- Josh Thompson should be one of the greatest Lightweights ever, but injuries and inactivity have forced him into underachievement and its pretty sad to see.
- Jorge Masvidal is a OG after surviving a straight up kill shot from Daron Criuckshank he came back to win just about every single minute of the rest of the fight. Hopefully the give him Donald Cerrone next, that would hell of a fight.