- Publisher: Deep Silver
- Platform: Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC
- Genre: Survival Horror / First-Person Action
- Number of Players: 1-4
- Rated: M
Dead Island is a gamer’s wet dream for anyone that enjoyed Left 4 Dead 1 or 2. There are four characters to choose from, a similar setup of zombies including standard and special infected and a ton of available weapons and customizations. WARNING: Please do not make deodorant bombs at home.
- The immediate sense of hopelessness when you start the game sets the perfect tone.
- RPG-style leveling system (can be turned on for enemies also)
- Digital or Analog controls let you determine how you play
- Extremely satisfying visuals of you breaking zombie bones and crushing skulls
- Customizable skill trees make you a one person re-killing machine
- Weapons everywhere, as are health pickups; you’ll need both
- Easter eggs galore! (Jason Vorhees, anyone?)
- Laughable NPCs worry about the stupidest things during the zombie apocalypse (why am I getting champagne for this chick?)
- Other than the hysterical theme song, the music is pretty uninspired.
Apparently zombies will destroy any and all cars that are not pickup trucks or armored cars as these are the only functional vehicles you will find in the game. And why is it that only God’s rejects are immune to this plague? You get to choose from a washed-up drug addict of an ex-football star, a washed up rapper who was only ever a one-hit wonder, a washed up cop and a washed-up wannabe who never quite got where she was going. I am supposed to care if these people die? No, I only care that they can kick some ass. And why are there no animals even though I can hear them everywhere. This is a good game, don’t get me wrong, there is just a lot of unnecessary laziness in the development.
You can purchase Dead Island for PS3,XBox,PC here.
- GameFly Queue Review: Wanted: Weapons of Fate (mytakeradio.com)
- GameFly Queue Review: G.I Joe: Rise of Cobra (mytakeradio.com)