After some brief time away from the Dead or Alive series I was pleasantly surprised by the evolution of the series as well as the new martial arts disciplines on display including MMA (Mila) and Taekwondo(Rig).
- Smooth and fluid animation along with enhanced graphics
- Sweat and dirt add realism to the combat.
- 8-way directional movement allows for varied attacks and does not look unnatural
- Danger modes (environmental hazards) add to the strategy and are visually impressive. They can be turned off of course.
- Easily accessible by new players with a quick learning curve.
- Story mode is a cut scene laden jumbled mess.
- The counter attack system can at times be frustrating.
- Input lag during online matches affects matches tremendously. If you have a full connection and fight someone with two bars the lag becomes unbearable.
- Players being nickel and dimed to get costumes with some well above five bucks