Marvel's Young Guns program has introduced readers to some amazing artists over years and 2018 looks to be no different as Marvel announced the last inductees into Marvel's Young Guns program. Who are Marvel's latest Young Guns and what will they be working on? Here are the 2018 inductees:
- Pepe Larraz, artist on Avengers: No Surrender – Spanish artist Pepe Larraz penciled The Mighty Thor, previously having illustrated stories in anthologies such as Web of Spider-Man, Marvel Adventures Super Heroes, and X-Men: To Serve and Protect. A rising star, Larraz pitted ’90s rivals against each other in Deadpool vs. X-Force and worked on Wolverine & the X-Men before venturing into a galaxy far, far away with Kanan — then back to the Marvel Universe again with Uncanny Avengers.
- Javier Garron, artist on a secret upcoming project-Spanish artist Javier Garrón studied architecture before his work on webcomics and blogs got the attention of the American comics industry. Garrón made his Marvel debut with Cyclops in 2014, which led to work on the “Black Vortex” event crossover between New X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy. Future work included Legendary Star-Lord, the IvX event, and the spot of lead artist on Secret Warriors
- Marco Checchetto, artist on Old Man Hawkeye – Marco Checchetto early contributions to the revival of Marvel Comics Presents revealed him as one of the industry’s top new talents. Checchetto has made his mark on both the Marvel Universe — with runs on Amazing Spider-Man, Daredevil and Punisher — and a galaxy far, far away, with Star Wars: The Screaming Citadel, Star Wars: Captain Phasma, and the post-Return of the Jedi thriller Star Wars: Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens — Shattered Empire.
- Aaron Kuder, artist on Infinity Countdown -Artist and writer Aaron Kuder cut his teeth in the comics industry working on the New York Times best-selling book The Armory Wars and Key of Z, both with Claudio Sanchez from Evil Ink Comics. After work at DC on books such as Action Comics, Kuder returned to Marvel for an exclusive agreement in 2016 with work on top-tier titles such as the X-Men-shattering Death of X and All-New Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Mike Del Mundo, artist on a secret upcoming project – If you’ve read any Marvel series since 2009, chances are it featured a cover from artist Michael Del Mundo at some point. Del Mundo’s artwork has fronted such well-known series as Amazing Spider-Man, Vision, and Invincible Iron Man. After delivering gallery-standard illustrations page after page in Elektra, he brought his unique talents to Secret Wars tie-in Weirdworld and its subsequent All-New, All-Different Marvel relaunch, and Marvel’s flagship title Avengers.
- Russell Dauterman, artist on Mighty Thor – Russell Dauterman is best known as the artist of Marvel's Thor comics. Written by Jason Aaron and starring Jane Foster as Thor, the lengthy run has become a best-selling, Eisner-nominated series. Previous work includes such titles as Cyclops, Nightwing, and Supurbia. Russell has also designed characters and created covers for various Marvel, BOOM! Studios, DC, Valiant, and Image titles. Outside of comics, Russell has illustrated children's books and worked as a costume illustrator in the film industry, most notably on Marvel Studios' Captain America: The First Avenger. Russell is currently continuing his character-defining run drawing The Mighty Thor.
These six talented artists will not only be showcasing their work in the books mentioned above but each will also be lending their talents to six new books which include
1. Avengers #678 – Russell Dauterman ( and Matt Wilson)
2. X-Men Red #1 – Pepe Larraz (and Edgar Delgado)
3. Marvel Two-in-One #3 – Mike Del Mundo
4. Doctor Strange: Damnation #1 – Javier Garron (and Jason Keith)
5. Black Panther #170 – Marco Checcetto
6. Amazing Spider-Man #797 – Aaron Kuder (and Jason Keith)
These variants will be given to select retailers starting January 31st and be made available to fans worldwide through Televisa in Mexico and Panini in Europe, Russia, South America and other markets. Check out some of the covers on deck below.