- The amazing chemistry between Holmes and Watson continues to be a high point of the series.
- Jared Harris delivered as Moriarty and brought some classic villainy to an iconic villain.
- Stephen Fry was awesome an Sherlock’s brother Mycroft.
- Less bantering between Holmes and Watson’s wife which at times was overkill in the first film.
- Irene Adler! No spoilers here though so you’ll have to see it or read Wikipedia. Her chemistry with Holmes was a tremendous high point in the first film.
- Noomi Rapace served no purpose and while her character was essential to the plot I felt any actress could have filled that role and probably done better.
- The over abundance of slow-mo detracted from the film as they used more than they should have.
- The ending only because it threw me a curveball I did not see coming.