Rocket League turned the competitive scene for consoles and PC quite literally on its head. Since its debut last year, more than sixteen million players have taken part in its insane, fast-paced action. Rocket league is proof that the world's most popular sport can actually get crazier. Now, on Monday, June 20th, a free update is going to prove that the world's craziest sports game can get even bigger! The Neo Tokyo update will bring a huge arena of the same name to all players along with the following enhancements:
- The beginning of “Season 3” for Competitive Playlists, which resets all skill ratings and rewards last season's players with exclusive Rocket Boosts that reflect their final rank
- An expanded Item drop system that adds…
- More than 20 “Rare” and “Very Rare” Item types for online, post-game drops
- An easy-to-use “Trade In” system that allows players to exchange multiple Items of one rarity type for an even rarer one.
- New “Painted” Items that offer different color variations on existing Garage favorites like Toppers and Wheels
- Special “Certified” Items that track specific in-game stats and increase in prestige the higher those stats go
- New Quick-Chat customization options that expand player choices for fast, in-game communication
- New Post-Game celebrations that spotlight the winning team and allow them to jump, spin, and boost their car to show off their accomplishments
- “Pillars,” a new experimental Arena that separates the field into three lanes via two massive walls in the middle of the stadium
- A new, in-game “Showroom” that allows players to view and purchase all previously-released and future premium DLC
- Eight new Trophies and Achievements on all three platforms
Even more is coming after the update as new cars enter the fray! Watch the trailer for full details on those and make sure you get ready to rev your roadsters all the way to the GOAL!