As Android starts to gain more traction in the tablet market we have been overwhelmed with a plethora of challengers for ultra successful iPad. Devices from Motorola,Samsung,RIM,Dell and ASUS all have their pros and cons but have found a niche with consumers looking to shy away from the Apple universe. I have always been a fan of ASUS products going back to my first Linux powered Eee PC netbook. ASUS has come out of the gate with some very impressive innovations for their tablets. Their Transformer tablet is currently one of the most sought after Android tablets. Our very own Slick can attest to that. The newest piece of hardware from ASUS continues to innovate with Eee Pad Slider which much like the Transformer tablet looks to be a hot item .
The Slider was recently awarded the International Design Excellence Award for 2011 and I can see why.Let’s get into some specs.
- Available in two colors ( White & Brown)
- Android 3.1 with an upgrade to 3.2 available
- Onboard USB
- Micro SD card reader
- Onboard mini-HDMI
- Tegra 2 dual core processor
- Scratch resistant gorilla glass
- Multi touch support
- 1.2MP front facing camera & 5MP rear camera
- 32GB of storage
While I like the specs and the look of the tablet overall I am sure many are concerned about the weight of this device. I have heard that it will weight roughly 2lbs which if true is not truly terrible. Tablets in my eyes cannot replace laptops just yet but they are definitely getting close. Check out some video of the tablet in action and showcasing some of the USB device support .
Is this a device any of you guys would buy?
What are you looking for in an Android tablet?
Share your thoughts in our comments section or on our fanpage.[Video Source: Notebook Italia] [Source: ASUS]
- 1st Impression: ASUS Padfone (mytakeradio.com)
- ASUS Eee Pad Slider Shows Up In August Catalog (slashgear.com)
- ASUS Eee Slider update: 16GB gone, 32GB model in September, 3G edition in 2012 (engadget.com)