You say 7 is a lucky number? Well, maybe not on Supernatural. Things aren't looking too good for our Winchester boys this season, as indicated in the Supernatural panel at Comic Con this past week. Here are a few things that will be going on:
- Oh dear Castiel – why have you forsaken our boys?! (I am both angry and inquisitive.) Misha Collins has said that Cas will be power-crazy in S7. He is trying to do with he feels “God” would do on both Earth and in Heaven – and that will include some smiting. I see a rather large death toll coming. Poor Cas.
The Winchesters have skated from the law for 6 seasons – but people are starting to take notice and catch up to the boys. Poor Winchesters.
Jensen Ackles will get his second run at directing an episode. His ep will not only bring the return of a young Sam in flashbacks, but also guest star Firefly‘s Jewel Staite. She will play someone from Sam's past who he chooses to only see the good in – which will ultimately bite him right in the ass again. Poor Sam.
Sam has also decided to stop all use of demon blood. That's a good/bad ace down the hole. Poor Sam again.
- Showrunner Sera Gamble has confirmed Alona Tal will return as Jo Harvelle. I wonder how, since the last we saw Jo, she was HellHound bait and kind of blew up? But I loved Jo, so I am happy. Unless she's a Hell Zombie or something. Then no bueno.
- Crowley is back. Yay for more snark.
- Lastly, it has been announced that Misha Collins will NOT be a series regular this season. Sera Gamble has already said Cas will be “in the first few episodes”. Oh. No. I am not so sure things will end well for our dear angel friend.
So, are you excited for Supernatural to return? I sure as hell am! Tune in September 23rd at 9 pm/c on The CW to watch it all unfold.
- Geek Art: SUPERNATURAL (The Winchester Brothers And Castiel) (geektyrant.com)
- Supernatural: The Anime Series (thebrotha.wordpress.com)