WWE 2K18 may not arrive until October but there are a lot of questions fans have regarding the next WWE game from 2K including what modes and new features will be making their debut or return. 2K shed some light on that today as Mark Little from Visual Concepts broke down some of the game's key features. Here are the noteworthy highlights:
- Creation Suite: The Creation Suite gets even deeper, including a new Create-a-Match feature and improvements to Create-a-Superstar, Create-an-Arena, and Create-a-Video.
- MyPLAYER: A new MyPLAYER experience introduces fighting styles and a brand new upgrade and progression system.
- MyCAREER: A brand new MyCAREER experience incorporates a new story and a free-roaming backstage area that enable MyPLAYER characters to interact with other WWE Superstars and help direct the narrative.
- Road to Glory Mode Debut: An all-new mode lets players compete against others, using their MyPLAYER characters, in a quest to qualify for WWE pay-per-view events;
New Graphics Engine: New visuals deliver spectacular new lighting, more realistic skin and new camera effects.
- New Commentary Team: Introducing the trio of Michael Cole, Byron Saxton, and Corey Graves.
- Core Gameplay Additions and Improvements: A host of additional improvements will make WWE 2K18 the most comprehensive and realistic WWE game to date.
- New Eight Player Modes: For WWE 2K18, we are bringing new mayhem and carnage in the form of eight-person matches, including Ladder matches, the Royal Rumble, Eight-Person Tags and even a Battle Royal. Players can now experience the chaos of eight WWE Superstars all vying for the same goal!
- Royal Rumble Improvements: Implementation of new elimination mechanics, a quick elimination system, new match-specific finishers and new elimination sequences. With eight WWE Superstars in the ring, combined with the new mechanics, the Royal Rumble is better than ever.
Fans interested in following the development of WWE 2K18 won't have to wait long as the 2K has announced a new 2KDev Spotlight Series which will kick off on July 13th. The series will keep fans up to date on developments for the game plus give us some behind the scenes stuff too. You can check it out at http://wwe.2k.com/