Every year we see a collector’s edition of a game that makes us say “I gotta get that” or “I wish I could afford that.” Usually, we see something that is ten or maybe twenty dollars more than the standard sixty dollar price tag. Irrational Games originally planned to have Bioshock Infinite ready for a release two days ago (October 16, 2012) but developers said they planned to make the game even better and that the release would be delayed until February 2013. Since then, we have seen many gameplay elements that seem to make that claim ring true; but now they are showing us something else. Something that will both terrify us (in the pocket) and intrigue us as gamers and collectors alike.swag, swag, swag!
Enter the special editions of Bioshock Infinite. The site is not entirely clear on what the Collector’s Edition for $79.99 includes. What it is clear on is that for $149.99, that’s right folks, for two and a half times the regular price of the game, you will get the Ultimate Songbird Edition which contains the following:
- Bioshock Infinite the game
- The Songbird statue
- 64-page Art of Columbia book by Dark Horse Books
- Handyman figurine from the upcoming Bioshock Infinite: Siege of Columbia board game
- Lithograph ad for the Devil’s Kiss vigor (in-game art)
- Murder of Crows keychain
- Bioshock Infinite soundtrack (downloadable)
- Upgrade pack giving you the Bull Rush, Extra! Extra! and Betrayer gears
- Avatar costumes (360) or desktop themes (PS3 and PC)
I won’t lie and say that it is not an impressive swag package. I have seen statuettes similar to the songbird go for more than $150 on their own. The fact remains that it is a lot of money. The question that remains is to how many will be willing to part with that kind of money. The Songbird is very enticing, but I don’t know that I will be the one to own one. For full details, go to the Bioshock Infinite website.