A brave new chapter in the Shadowbringers storyline for Final Fantasy XIV begins with the release of Patch 5.1:Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty.
Patch 5.1 marks the first major update for the MMO since the release of its critically-acclaimed third expansion, Shadowbringers, earlier this year, adding an abundance of new content including the first part of the NieR®-inspired YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse alliance raid. Players will team up with android ‘2P’ to explore the 24-player raid dungeon, featuring a new story and unique battle encounters designed alongside guest creators Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO.
New content arriving with Patch 5.1:Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty includes:
- Main Scenario Quests – The next chapter in the acclaimed Shadowbringers main storyline.
- 24-Player Alliance Raid: “The Copied Factory” – Featuring Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO as guest creators, players will battle against machine lifeforms as they explore this new raid dungeon inspired by the world of NieR.
- New Game+ – Revisit previously completed quests, cutscenes, dialogue, and battles while keeping your current character and level. Patch 5.1 includes the main scenario quests for Heavensward™, Stormblood™, and Shadowbringers.
- Trial: Hades (Extreme) – Players can relive the battle against this fearsome foe in a high-difficulty battle challenge.
- Dungeon: “The Grand Cosmos” – Players can explore this great palace built by the Elves alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- Beast Tribe Quests – Enter the fantastical Garden of Dreams, Lyhe Mheg—a new area featuring a new questline with more of the mischief-loving pixies.
- Job Adjustments – The ninja, samurai, and summoner jobs will receive comprehensive adjustments to their current playstyles, while other jobs will receive various smaller changes.
- Crafting and Gathering Overhaul – Various adjustments to actions, the removal of additional actions, UI improvements, and more will enhance the gathering and crafting experience for beginners and veterans alike.
- Gold Saucer GATE “The Slice is Right” – Yojimbo makes his debut at the Gold Saucer in this new mini game that will test players’ reflexes…and sheer luck.
- Patch 5.1 will also feature the introduction of the ‘Fellowship’ community system, updates to Performance Actions, system updates, and more.
Final Fantasy XIV is available now and has over 16 million players worldwide. Join now and enjoy the new patch with content from the NieR universe.
Players new to Final Fantasy XIV are invited to download a free trial to access content up to level 35, create up to eight playable characters and experience the different playable races, classes, and jobs with no restrictions on playtime. New players who wish to experience the free trial may register here: http://sqex.to/FFXIVFreeTrial.