Today, SQUARE ENIX launches Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers. This is the latest expansion in the insanely popular Final Fantasy XIV MMORPG storyline. The enthusiasm for Shadowbringers has brought FINAL FANTASY XIV to new heights, with the active player base reaching its highest mark (+16M subs) in the game’s nearly six-year history.
Shadowbringers marks a bold new beginning, taking players beyond the world of Hydaelyn™ for the first time as they journey to the First and the realm of Norvrandt. The Warrior of Light must become the Warrior of Darkness to restore night and save the world from the apocalypse the Flood of Light promises.
Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers Features
Shadowbringers adds a wealth of new features to the game, including:
- New Jobs: Gunbreaker and Dancer –The Gunbreaker is a new tank role who wields the iconic gunblade, utilizing ammo cartridges to protect their party from harm. The Dancer, a ranged attacker, not only unleashes powerful attacks using throwing weapons, but also dances to execute abilities which provide beneficial effects to their party.
- New Player Races: Viera and Hrothgar – The rabbit-like Viera are joined by the burly and lion-like Hrothgar, both with unique, customizable features specific to their races.
- New Game+ – This brand-new system will allow for replay of previously completed quests while retaining one's current progression and job level.
- Level Cap Increase – The level cap will be raised to 80 with the release of Shadowbringers. With this will come new actions for classes and jobs—as well as new foes against which players can hone their skills.
- Trust System – In Shadowbringers, players will have the opportunity to challenge dungeons with a party of trusted non-player characters, including members of the Scions of the Seventh Dawn. Traditional party matching systems will remain available.
- New Beast Tribes and Primals – Players will encounter the carefree but cruel pixies in Il Mheg alongside their mighty regent Titania, along with other beast tribes including the Nu Mou and the Dwarves.
- New Content and System Upgrades – Battle system changes, new equipment, crafting recipes and more.
Players can also look forward to a variety of additional content that has been announced for release in upcoming patches:
- New Alliance Raid: “YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse” – This exciting new 24-man raid written by guest creators Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO will see FINAL FANTASY and NieR® come together as never before.
- New High-End Raid: “Eden” – This new high-end raid will feature a new character designed by KINGDOM HEARTS® director and FINAL FANTASY series veteran, Tetsuya Nomura. The content is schedule to become available on July 16, 2019 with the release of Patch 5.01.
- Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard – End-game content for crafters and gatherers.
The standard edition of Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers is $39.99. The Collector's Edition is $59.99 and includes:
– Ride the formidable Grani and strike terror into the heart of any foe in your path.
– Players must meet certain conditions to be able to fly and dive.
– Flying is limited to Heavensward, Stormblood, and Shadowbringers areas.
– Diving is limited to Stormblood and Shadowbringers areas.
Wind-up Fran Minion
– Take Fran along as your partner in the skies, on land, or under the water.
– Minions are vanity pets that do not have any effect on a player's stats.
Revolver Gunbreaker Weapon
– Squall's iconic gunblade makes its appearance in FFXIV as a gunbreaker-exclusive weapon.
– Equippable by gunbreakers regardless of level.
– The weapon's stats will differ from those in FFVIII.
Expand your Final Fantasy XIV adventure with Shadowbringers today.