Final Fantasy XV reaches its conclusion as the final chapter of DLC, “Episode Ardyn,” was released today. Set 35 years before the events of Final Fantasy XV, players will uncover a brand new storyline from the perspective of the villainous Ardyn Lucis Caelum, and learn what drove the scorned savior to seek revenge against the line of Lucis.
Final Fantasy XV Episode Ardyn Features:
- Several new options and gameplay mechanics to explore, including the ability to control Ardyn himself
- Exhilarating, action-packed battles where players can utilize powerful new attack moves and skills unique to Ardyn, including the “Rising Phantom” and “Dark Tornado”
- The ability to warp to high platforms or across nearby buildings by way of “Phantasmal Leap”
- Though a foe of Noctis, the summonable Ifrit is now an ally of Ardyn and may dispatch enemies with powerful fire magic
- A photography mode allowing players to capture the captivating city of Insomnia
- A “Hat Shop” offering a plethora of hats for players to purchase, which also appear in cutscenes
- Rewards upon completion of the episode, including the new “Ardyn’s Ensemble” outfit and “Mutant Rakshasa Blade” for Noctis
SQUARE ENIX also released new content for FINAL FANTASY XV MULTIPLAYER: COMRADES, including the new bonus quest “Feathered Foe – Kenny Crow,” in which players can enjoy a battle against a new boss, Kenny Crow. An extremely tough opponent, Kenny has the ability to backflip, shoot beams from his eyes, and spray bullets at players. Players who survive this difficult battle will be rewarded with an all-new end credits sequence taken over by Kenny Crow himself. Players can also unlock two new outfits, the male “Warrior's Armor” outfit and the female “Street Attire” outfit, at an INGEM system in exchange for item tokens.
As a celebration of the final piece of Final Fantasy XV content, the collaboration quest “A Gift From the Gods” will re-open in Assassin’s Creed Origins. Players are able to claim the Ultima Blade, Ziedrich and a mount named Kweh as rewards for completing the quest. The Assassin’s Creed-style “Master Assassin’s Robes” is also available again in Final Fantasy XV.
Final Fantasy XV Episode Ardyn is now available as a standalone package for $9.99 through the Microsoft Store for Xbox One and Windows 10, the PlayStation®Store, STEAM, Origin and Windows 10.
Players can dive deeper into Ardyn’s mysterious, forbidden past in FINAL FANTASY XV EPISODE ARDYN – PROLOGUE, a short anime movie that offers a deeper understanding of the game’s world view and story. The video may be viewed in full here: https://youtu.be/8yOOF8AKQbw