HITMAN, the latest adventure of Square Enix' Agent 47, debuted on March 11, 2016 as a digital-only, episodic release. Based upon the current release schedule, we expect that the final episode in Japan will have launched by Halloween. Whether it be people I know personally or those I have encountered in forums, I know many who have said “I will wait for the physical release.” That wait is not over, but we now know that the launch of said disc will be January 31, 2017.
Io-Interactive and Square Enix have been very clear about content and who will get what. Everyone that purchased the (digital) Full Experience, or the Intro and Upgrade Packs at launch had access to all episodes and Featured and Elusive Contracts. PS4 owners also get the Sarajevo Six contracts. Regarding Elusive Targets, press releases and target dossiers have always made things very clear:
Despite that being stated at least nine times already (nine targets), many have sworn that the Elusives would be included on the disc or would be made available when it came out. Today's press release has made things clear: those who purchase the complete first season will have access to Elusive Targets that appear after January 31, 2017. That means that even if you digitally bought the game today, you would be starting with Elusive Target# 10, provided you have that location unlocked.
This is what is included on the disc:
- 3 Bonus Missions Pack which includes The Icon and A House Built on Sand (Summer Bonus missions), plus the brand new upcoming Landslide mission
- Official Soundtrack featuring the original game score
- The ‘making of’ HITMAN documentary charting the journey from showing the game to our fans for the first time before E3 2015, through to the digital launch in 2016
- HITMAN Requiem Blood Money Pack* which includes the signature Blood Money white suit, white rubber duck and chrome ICA pistol
- The PlayStation®4 version includes the 6 additional exclusive The Sarajevo Six contracts