A few weeks back I had the pleasure of sitting down with Andrew from The Show Radio to talk not only about gaming but also about branding and the “community” as it relates to up and coming sites. Andrew aka Uriyya is one of people we've met on this crazy journey and I appreciated the fact that he gave me a chance to speak freely about not only my views on gaming but also about navigating the industry to build your brand. This is part one of a two-part interview but I can honestly say that even without me being on I recommend you check out The Show Radio for a different type of gaming podcast. Andrew does a great job with his guests and takes pride in his product. As soon as part two is available I will share it with you guys.
Here are some of the other things Andrew discussed in this episode.
Welcome back to another episode of The Show Radio. Uriyya catches up on the news and sits down with Rich from My Take Radio. Rich’s show covers MMA, Wrestling, Comics, Games and even Movies – a solid podcast. The guys also get into some nuts and bolts in regards to podcasting, some game and PR talk. Take a listen and enjoy The Show.
Here’s some of the things you’ll hear about on this show:
- Sony to Sell U.S Headquarters for 1.1 billion
- Sony’s says: North America’s getting white PS3 Bundle
- NHL Gamecenter Launches for Xbox Live
- Bungie to show off its Destiny at GDC
- Bungie also PSN accounts into their site
- Max Payne 3′s final DLC pack, Deathwatch Made in Heaven, has a North American release date of January 22, priced at $10 (800 MS Points) on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. Europe gets it on January 30.
- Skull of the Shogun slated for Jan. 30th
- Splinter Cell is slated for Aug. 20th
- Serious Sam Double D XXL slated for Feb. 20th
- Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt is out now
- Dishonored is now part of the Games on Demand Catalog
- Microsoft now offers an Xbox Live account Migration service
- Halo 2 PC servers will officially shut down on February 15 2013
- The Skullgirls patch delay is due to the size of the patch
- No Demo for Tomb Raider says Karl Stewart
- Metal Gear Revengeance Demo hits Jan 22nd
- Suda 51 & Grasshopper Manufacture “Killer is Dead” Trailer
- MG Revengeance trailer with the bosses, awesome
- Browser Based U.S Playstation store coming soon
- The FPS, Warface will go closed BETA this spring
- Cliff Bleszinski to give Pax East Keynote
- Heath, gives you some insight on creating the OST for Max Payne 3
- Deep Silver regrets the busty, headless and armless statue and apologies with a tweet.
- The Behemoth wants you to BETA Battleblock Theater
- Microsoft will give you 1600 points for free if you are these titles from their store: Grand Theft Auto 5, BioShock Infinite, Tomb Raider, Lost Planet 3, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Crysis 3, Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14, Dead Space 3, and South Park: The Stick of Truth.
- Best Buy: Order DMC and get Resident Evil 6 for 10 bucks.
- Xbox Live Activity for the week of 1.7.13
Source: The Show Radio Official Site