Marcus Nispel wanted to give audiences a fresh take on Robert E. Howard’s Conan The Barbarian and he did but the with mixed results. Conan was less barbarian and more of a blood thirsty Scorpion King knockoff which is a shame.
- Jason Momoa closely resembled the Conan from the books even down to some of the scarring which is commendable. Was it 100% accurate? No
- Gratuitous violence
- Conan’s origins were expanded upon.
- Young Conan first brutal battle.
- Khalar Zym’s sword.
- Stephen Lang was not imposing in the least. James Earl Jones had more presence than Lang on-screen and lot more depth.
- Rose McGowan’s acting
- Ron Perlman clearly was in this for a paycheck and it showed in his acting.
- Poor CGI
- The battlefield birth of Conan
- Morgan Freeman as the narrator