If you thought that NieR: Automata's game director Yoko Taro didn't give a (expletive deleted) about controversy, just wait until you see the latest videos. Square Enix today announced that they are releasing a set of DLC for PS4 and Steam titled, “3C3C1D119440927.” Amongst the content are three new colosseums to challenge and several new sub-quests.
Completion of the quests and fights will earn various rewards:
- Costumes from the previous Japanese release, NieR: Replicant, for androids 2B, 9S and A2
- Records that add special music tracks to the players’ jukebox
- New equipment and cosmetic accessories such as hairspray that allows you to change the color of 2B and A2’s hair
- Masks with unique “on equip” effects
- Special bullets that change the appearance of enemy bullets
Prior to NieR: Automata's initial release, the internet was all in a huff over 2B's very exposed bottom after she self-destructs. It was coupled by the questioned existence of a certain orifice they felt an android had no use for. If you thought 2B's leotard was revealing, wait til you get a load of her newest costume changes.
There is not much left to the imagination on the other side of this outfit. Some might say, “Square Enix and Platinum Games have gone crazy!” After you see their latest trailer, you just might be right. Witness the might and mastery of two new “bosses” added to NieR: Automata in the upcoming colosseum fights:
As of today, the only info we have on the release of 3C3C1D119440927 is that it is “coming soon.” NieR: Automata is rated M for mature and is available both physically and digitally from the Square Enix Store. You can also purchase it from the PlayStation Store, Steam or your favorite local or online retailer.
*NieR: Automata has PS4 Pro support.