Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom's characters and story were first birthed over 20 years ago from the pen strokes of a young Samir Rebib, co-founder of Enigami. Now, after a successful Kickstarter campaign and with the help of publisher Focus Home Interactive, this young team is close to releasing their first game featuring five playable characters with distinct play styles and personalities:
- Chado – This daring young Waki dreams of traveling far beyond his home town of Kimpao―and this desire quickly gets him in big trouble!
- Poky – A faithful friend to Chado, Poky has an incredible talent for engineering that makes up for his lack of courage.
- Rosalya – Shy but loyal to the party, Rosalya has a powerful affinity with fire and is on the search for a mysterious truth.
- Askel – A formidable young mercenary, the enigmatic Askel already has a far-reaching reputation in Mahera.
- Kayenne – A strong, natural born leader, Kayenne remains calm in even the most difficult situations.
Control your party members directly in hyper-dynamic combat―each character has powerful magical abilities and their own devastating Hyper Combos! Though battles are 1v1 in classic fighting game tradition, party members can cast spells from the sidelines and be swapped out through the tag team system.
Outside battle, the open, puzzle-filled environments give party members plenty of opportunities to shine. From Kayenne's telekinetic talents to Rosalya's use of fire to reveal hidden entrances, use potent abilities to overcome any obstacle that stands in your way.
About Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom
Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom is an Action-RPG developed by French independent studio Enigami, that will take you on a journey through an enthralling universe on the verge of collapsing following the fragmentation of planet Mahera. Play as Chado and his companions, traveling through the celestial islands on their flying ship. After a crash-landing on one of the most hostile of the celestial islands, you find yourself in the middle of a conflict involving multiple kingdoms. However, this explosive situation might find a peaceful outcome, with Chado's newfound unique ability to perceive and communicate with the Shiness, a mysterious spirit imbued with magic.
- Travel through an enthralling and interactive world as Chado and his 4 companions, and develop your characters.
- Hyper-dynamic combat mixing magic with combos, parries, and blocks like a traditional arena fighter.
- Develop two types of skills (physical attacks and magic) and unlock new talents and spells.
- Explore and interact with a vast world made of multiple environments thanks to you and your companions' special powers and skills.
- Numerous quests and side-quests will give you the opportunity to develop your characters and their reputation.