Zoom continues to create compelling video and audio hardware offerings for musicians and while the newly launched Q2n is marketed to musicians it has plenty of potential for podcasters and content creators.
What makes this camera so interesting? Besides having a small footprint we feel these specs make a compelling case as to the versatility of this new camera.
- High-quality 160-degree wide angle lens (f/2.0, 16.6 mm)
- 10 “Scene” options for use in different lighting environments, plus “Auto” setting for automatically adjusting to lighting conditions
- Built-in X/Y stereo microphones capable of handling sound levels up to 120 dB SPL, making it perfect for recording everything from delicate guitar to thunderous drums
- Capture up to 24-bit/96 kHz high-resolution audio, with data saved in MP4 format for video and WAV format for audio-only recordings
- Five Field of View (FOV) settings
- Records directly to micro SD/SDHC/SDXC cards up to 128 GB for extended recording times
- Easy one-button recording and color LCD
Look for the Zoom Q2n in stores in this month with a retail price of $159.99
Show Press Release
Zoom's New Q2n Handy Video Recorder Lets Musicians Capture HD Video with Great-Sounding Audio Anywhere
Ultra-portable video camera with built-in X/Y mic and wide-angle lens lets musicians capture their best moments in any lighting condition
November 4, 2016 — Zoom North America today unveiled the new Q2n Handy Video Recorder, a portable camera that gives musicians the power to create HD videos with great-sounding audio. Ideal for capturing live performances and rehearsal sessions, the Q2n is equipped with a high-quality built-in X/Y microphone, 160-degree wide-angle lens, and intuitive controls–all in the most compact form factor ever created by Zoom.
Leveraging Zoom’s acclaimed audio technology, the Q2n provides sound quality that no other portable camera can match. The unit offers studio-quality detail and clarity at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. For distortion-free recording, the built-in X/Y microphones can handle high sound pressure levels (up to 120 dB SPL), so musicians can record on stage alongside amps and drums.
The Q2n has ten ‘Scene’ presets that automatically adjust for different lighting conditions. The 160-degree wide-angle lens captures beautiful video at a moment's notice, with a bright f/2.0 aperture that thrives in low-light settings and dimly lit venues. To ensure the best video quality, the camera also captures video in 720p or 1080p HD resolution with the same 24 fps and 30 fps frame rates used in film.
Intuitive controls and simple one-button recording make the Q2n effortless to use, so musicians can stay focused on their performances. With an ultra-portable design, the Q2n is small enough to carry anywhere and can record approximately two hours of footage on two standard AA batteries.
The Zoom Q2n will be available in stores November 2016 for $159.99.