Nintendo has been in the news quite a bit this week with the recent launch of Super Mario Run for iOS. The game has been a hit for both Apple and Nintendo and while other games may come to the platform from Nintendo there are plenty of iconic characters from other companies who may thrive in the mobile space. Capcom knows this and has acted accordingly.
Capcom has announced that Mega Man is coming to iOS and Android in January. The publisher will bring six original 8-bit Mega Man® games to iOS and Android devices in early January. This is the first time all six of the original 8-bit Mega Man games have been made available on smart devices, 29 years since Mega Man first exploded onto the console scene. Here is the list of games to refresh your memory.
- Mega Man® Mobile – The evil Dr. Wily must be stopped in this classic action platformer, the original Mega Man!
- Mega Man® 2 Mobile – Dr. Wily resurfaces to threaten the world again! Only Mega Man can stand in his way. ·
- Mega Man® 3 Mobile – Fight berserk robots on uncharted planets. Mega Man must set a course for space to resolve this mysterious crisis.
- Mega Man® 4 Mobile – A year has passed since Mega Man’s battle in space. A new enemy appears – Dr. Cossack.
- Mega Man® 5 Mobile – Manic robots cause chaos in the city. How is Proto Man involved? Only Mega Man can find out!
- Mega Man® 6 Mobile – The Global Robot Alliance is formed, but this newfound peace is threatened by a new foe – the enigmatic Mr. X!
Each game has been optimized for the mobile devices with adjustments to game speed. Each game will be available separately for $1.99.