Who said they have had enough Final Fantasy XV? Well, regardless of whether you have or not, Square Enix is giving you more! A lot more, in fact. Coming March 6, 2018, they plan to completely re-release the game on consoles to coincide with the launch of the PC edition. So the big news is that Final Fantasy XV is finally coming to PC in March. The question remains: what is the big deal about it being relaunched on consoles?
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All season pass content including EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES** and EPISODE IGNIS
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
- New Trophies
- The FINAL FANTASY XV base game
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition includes everything that the Royal Edition does plus:
- Up to 8K native resolution
- Dolby Atmos support
- HDR 10 support
Ongoing support for the mod community will also be present. Of course, such an audiovisual experience will require a beefy machine. Here are the system requirements for Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition:
|Minimum Specs||Recommended Specs||4K HDR Specs|
|OS||Windows® 7 SP1/ Windows® 8.1 / Windows® 10 64-bit||Windows® 7 SP1/ Windows® 8.1 / Windows® 10 64-bit||Windows® 10 64-bit Fall Creators update|
|CPU||Intel® Core™ i5-2500（3.3GHz and above）
AMD FX™-6100 （3.3GHz and above）
|Intel® Core™ i7-3770（3.4GHz and above）
AMD FX™-8350（4.0 GHz and above）
|Intel® Core™ i7-7700 （3.6GHz and above）
AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600X （3.6GHz and above）
|Graphics Card||NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050
AMD Radeon™ R9 280
|NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM
Radeon™ RX 480
|NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti|
|Hard Disc Free Space on SSD||OVER 100GB||OVER 155GB|
|Sound Card||DirectSound® Sound Card, Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos|
|Other||DVD-ROM／DVD-ROM Drive*, mouse, keyboard, gamepad**
*A DVD-ROM Drive (one-sided 1 layer / 2 layer) is required
**Game is compatible with gamepad but not required
PC owners should note that the physical disc is only an install program; internet connection is required to play the game on PC. Booooooooo!
Both (full) versions of the game will retail for $49.99 and it is expected that Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition will replace (physical) PS4 and Xbox One versions of the original Final Fantasy XV once stock depletes. Once again, current owners can upgrade to the Royal Edition for $19.99. For more visuals and details on this upcoming launch and preorder bonuses, visit the Final Fantasy XV website. Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition come to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One along with the launch of Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition on March 6, 2018.