Slipgate Studios and THQ Nordic literally revive the 16-bit console as Rad Rodgers heads to current gen platforms. Join Rad and his foul-mouthed game console Dusty as they attempt to save a strange world. Rad was sucked into his TV after an all-night gaming session and now fighting crazy monsters is his only hope for survival. The question is, how does a two-year old Steam game live up to today's standards? The answer: UPDATES!
Developer Slipgate Studios and Publisher THQ Nordic will release Rad Rodgers on PlayStation®4 and across the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X on February 21st. Owners of the PC version will get a free update (which is already part of the console-version) including:
- Leaderboards: Gain Scores at the end of each level, and battle with friends to reach the top of the leaderboards.
- Hats: Unlock more than 20 different hats throughout the game, and customize Rad Rodgers.
- New Pogo Vertigo Bonus Levels: Grab a Pogo Stick, and see how far you can get in the new Pogo Vertigo vertical levels.
- New Unlockables: Unlock behind the scenes artwork throughout the game.
- New Pixelverse Puzzles: Pixelverses have been redesigned, and now include brand new types of Puzzles.
- 5 New Levels! Fight through 3 new Pogostick Levels, and 2 massive new levels. The Rainforest Rampage, and Raging Ruins.
- Minibosses! Introducing 2 minibosses throughout the game.
- 4 New Enemies! The new Spiky Jellyfish, Powerful Laserheads, and 2 new Minibosses brings new and exciting challenges to the Rad Rodgers enemy roster.
- Brand new weapon! The legendary “Excalibat” from Rise of the Triad, makes a return to Rad Rodgers. Become invincible and smack your way through hordes of enemies with the mighty Excalibat.
All of this will be added to the original game which will bring the following to consoles:
- Weapons: Dusty arms Rad with a variety of radical bad-ass weaponry. The Bolt Blaster has unlimited ammo, is easy to use, and more than enough firepower to get the job done. The Phoenix Cannon shoots out a fiery bird whose wingspan lights enemies ablaze as it flies by. There are 5+ weapons in this first chapter, with more to come.
- Sounds & Music: Our composer Andrew Hulshult combined his years of musical experience (both performing and writing) with his passion for retro-style gaming to create an amazing and authentic soundtrack for the game complete with MIDI-inspired music… And synthesizers!
- The Pixelverse: While Rad and Dusty are a great team, only Dusty can enter the electrified Pixelverse — a dangerous spacetime-breaking region that exists behind the game world. Dusty enters the Pixelverse when necessary to repair glitches in the running game world, allowing both Rad & Dusty to continue their journey.
- Classic Easter Eggs: The game features hard-to-find collectibles in sometimes even harder-to-find classic secret rooms. Use your precision platforming skills to collect 'em all.
Next month we will see the power of an old-school, side-scrolling duo. Hopefully they can stand strong against modern day counterparts.