Vector 36 is currently available for Windows and Mac via Steam Early Access. A physics-based racer with VR headsets in mind is blowing gamers away as they speed over the surface of Mars. Make your own skimmer and remake it as necessary. One of the best VR experiences available just got better as a huge update goes live this week. Amongst the improvements are:
– New DLC includes the 4 slot enclosed Garage!
– Stage 1 full VR support. Reworked cockpit models and interfaces.
– In-Cockpit pilot model and active IK added.
– Major optimizations to models and terrain.
– Rework of initial skimmer difficulty and flight model reworked for stability.
– Damage model change allows “brushing” against objects without total destruction.
– Skimmer History and initial save states (a skimmer undo button).
– Garage test mode before edit commitment.
– Controller input now drives interface making it easier for VR navigation.
– General stability and glitch fixes.
This, of course, is all for PC gamers, but perhaps the biggest news is that Vector 36 is coming to PS4 and Xbox One in 2016. There is no set date yet, but stay tuned for more info. Since this game is all about building and modding your own speed machine, a larger fanbase makes for more creations. I cannot wait to see what the console racers bring to the mix!